LeClaire Park Closed for Red, White & Boom
With the massive flooding in downtown Davenport that's lasted months, it's inevitable that the events planned for the LeClaire Park would be subject to change. Now that Blues Fest has been moved, it's time to start thinking about Red, White & Boom.
For those not familiar, Red, White & Boom is the largest fireworks display in the Quad Cities and is shot from two barges in the middle of the Mississippi River.
This year expect things to be a little more congested as LeClaire Park will not be available for use and the organizers are encouraging people to go to Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport or Schwiebert Riverfront Park in Rock Island.
Modern Woodmen Park Schedule of Events:
Modern Woodmen Park offers a flurry of activities inside the ball park! Including: bounce houses (1st Baseline Party Plaza), kids activities, live music, an Oath of Enlistment ceremony and a ton of entertainment. Stick around after the fireworks for some great music and some fun while let the traffic die down!
- 5:00 p.m. - Gates open
- 6:00 p.m. - Rude Punch will perform on the 1st Baseline Party Plaza until 7:45 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m. - Sponsors, Davenport Mayor and Rock Island Arsenal officers will present to the audience
- 7:45 p.m. - Join us for the 34th Army Band and Scrap Metal brass band.
- 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks begin! Tune into 97X to hear the official Red, White & Boom soundtrack to the fireworks!
Immediately following fireworks - Performance by Rude Punch. Stick around after the fireworks for this great Quad Cities Band.
Schwiebert Riverfront Park Schedule of Events:
The Schwiebert Riverfront Park Boat Docks will be open for boaters to enjoy during this year’s 2018 Red White and Boom event held in Downtown Rock Island on Tuesday, July 3rd. The docks, with 23 slips, will be available on a first come-first serve basis.
- 5:00 p.m. - Schwiebert Riverfront Park opens with inflatables ($5 wrist band), children's activities, and food vendors. Bent River Brewing Company - Beer Garden opens on the Great Lawn
- 5:00 p.m. - Proclamation and Military Tribute
- 5:15 p.m. - Country Couch Potatoes open up on the Ellis Kell Stage
- 6:30 p.m. - Performance by Metropolitan Youth Program Drill Team of Rock Island
- 7:00 p.m. - Smooth Groove
- 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks launched from two barges on the Mississippi River synced to Music heard on 97X and played throughout the park.