Doing These Things Make You Seem Rude
I don't think anybody lives their lives trying to be as rude as possible, with some people it might seem like they are. Here's a list of habits that make you seem rude.
Mostly it's stuff that we're supposed to learn when we're kids:
- Not saying "thank you." Writing thank you notes isn't really a huge thing anymore, but it should be.
- Interrupting people. Most of the time it isn't done on purpose. People might not even realize they did it, but the interrupted person you definitely does.
- Asking questions that are too personal. Especially at work, or with someone you're not very close with. It puts them on the spot, so they feel rude if they don't answer.
- Not having good table manners, or being a jerk at restaurants. Everything from chewing with your mouth open, to yelling at a waiter.
- Checking your phone when you're talking to someone. You seem like you're not really listening, and don't care about what they're saying.
Read more at Business Insider.