10 Ways People Get Extra Cash for the Holidays
It's the most wonderful time of the year. And by wonderful, I mean "expensive." It's the most expensive time of the year.
A new survey, commissioned by Self and conducted by OnePoll, asked people what they're doing this year or what they normally do to scrounge up some extra cash to afford presents, trips, food, and everything else that costs a fortune during the holiday season. And here are the top 10 answers . . .
- Taking extra shifts at work, 33%.
- Opening a store credit card, 31%.
- Taking a second or part-time job, 31%.
- Starting a side hustle, 29%.
- Cutting back on electricity and heat, 29%.
- Opening a new credit card, 29%.
- Cutting back on going out to eat, 27%.
- Making a deal with their significant other not to get each other gifts, 27%.
- Using public transportation, 26%.
- Skipping a vacation, 25%.
Read more at New York Post.