Six Things You Should Be Cleaning More Than Once a Year
Spring cleaning is about stuff you only need to clean once a year, like your gutters or maybe your garage. But there are some things you should be cleaning a lot more often than that.
- Your microwave. You might think using it kills all the bacteria in there, but it doesn't. Ideally, you should wipe it down once a week and deep clean it every two weeks.
- Your bathtub. Not everyone has time to clean it once a week, but here's some motivation. A recent study found that 26% of tubs had the type of bacteria that causes staph infections.
- The inside of your fridge. It should be cleaned monthly. Salad and meat drawers can have 750 times more bacteria than what's considered safe.
- Your computer and your desk. 70% of Americans eat lunch at their desk but 10% admit they almost never clean their computer.
- Your pillows. Most types can go right in the washer. Pillows should be replaced every three years.
- Your mattress. Most people just flip it once a year, which you should also do. But cleaning it is pretty easy. Just sprinkle some baking soda on there, vacuum it up, and spray it with Lysol to kill any bacteria.
Read more at My Domaine.