Perfect Pairings of Wine and Halloween Candy
Once your kids are in bed, the question is: what type of wine goes best with their Halloween candy? Here are some candies, and the best wine to pair with each one.
- Butterfinger – Chardonnay. The flavors go best with a white wine, ideally one that's medium-bodied.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups – Lambrusco. It's a sweet wine that goes well with peanut butter for the same reason jelly does.
- Kit Kats – Pinot Noir or Syrah. Definitely something red.
- Candy corn – Champagne or Prosecco. The waxiness of the candy corn goes well with bubbles.
- Snickers – Syrah. It goes well with chocolate and nuts.
- Starburst, Nerds – Riesling or Rosé. You're already getting enough sugar, so you don't want anything too sweet.
Read more at Vivino.