Woman Mistakes Dynamite For Candle During Power Outage
I'm not sure I should have to tell you this, but having random sticks of dynamite lying around your house is probably a bad idea.
Bridgeport, Connecticut got hit with a power outage last Thursday night after dealing with some severe thunderstorms.
A 30-year-old woman went to light a candle and end up blowing off several of her fingers. It turned out the candle was actually a stick of dynamite and it exploded in her hands.
Why were there sticks of dynamite in her house? Apparently she and her husband bought the place a few years ago, and the old owners left them behind.
When the power went out on Thursday, they realized that they didn't have any other candles. But they remembered the ones they saw in the basement, which were actually sticks of dynamite.
Read more at NBC 30.