The Most Common Ways People Screwed Up on Their First Day of Work
Don't worry if you screw up on your first day at a new job, your career will probably recover. First impressions aren't a big deal. Wait... they're actually a huge deal.
According to a new survey, almost half of people say they've screwed up on their first day at a new job. Here are the 10 most common things they did:
- Learned someone's name and then immediately forgot it.
- Got someone's name wrong.
- Said something stupid because of their nerves.
- Went to the wrong place.
- Showed up way too overdressed.
- Had to have something simple explained several times.
- Showed up late because of traffic.
- Put their foot in their mouth during a conversation.
- Showed up way too underdressed.
- Accidentally sent an email to the entire company.
Read more at AOL.