Teens Light Fireworks Display on Fire Inside Hy-Vee
Police say a "group of juviniles" decided to light a store display of fireworks inside of a Hy-Vee inside the store Monday.
According to police in Eagan, Minnesota, they received a call at about 2:19pm on Monday. The caller told them a group of juveniles lit a fireworks display in the store, causing a fire and "considerable" smoke.
The Eagan Fire Department arrived to put out the flames. At about 4pm, police said crews were still working to clear out the smoke out of the store.
Police were able to find and arrest the kids about half a mile away from the store.
No injuries were reported, and the store remains closed as of yesterday to clean up the damage.
"We are very fortunate that no one was injured in this incident," a spokesperson for the grocery chain said.
Read more at KARE 11