Did a Taco Bell Worker Put Rat Poison in a Rude Customer’s Burrito?
This is exactly why you should always be nice to the people that serve your food because you never know what they are capable of doing to it.
In Centennial Colorado, a man became terribly sick after eating a Taco Bell burrito.
I'm not talking about the usual post-Taco Bell symptoms when you get stuck on the toilet for 45 minutes, I'm talking about, this man was hospitalized!
Responding To The Call
Around 1 p.m. January 15th, the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office responded to the Taco Bell on Smoky Hill Road near Buckley Road in Centennial for a report of a disturbance.
Apparently, there was a fight between a customer and employees due to the soda machine not working. The customer was given an extra burrito for his trouble and went home. The man had done some chores and watched some TV before eating the food items he had purchased earlier at Taco Bell.
To The Hospital
Immediately after eating the Taco Bell the man became violently ill and called 911. The ambulance showed up at his home and took him to the hospital.
Later, the hospital called the sheriff's office and reported that the man who had eaten the Taco Bell also consumed rat poison.
Police went to Taco Bell to investigate and collect surveillance video as evidence. They shut down Taco Bell while doing their search.
Taco Bell released a statement, "The safety of customers and team members is a priority. The franchisee who owns and operates this location has informed us that they are working with local authorities in their investigation."
The restaurant was allowed to re-open by Arapahoe County Health Department, but the case is still "open and active."
The Sheriff's Office is treating the situation as if the man received the burrito from Taco Bell with rat poison in it, even though the real story of how the poison got there remains under investigation.
Read More Here: WSAZ