Stats On Our Pasta Eating For National Pasta Day
Today is National Pasta Day, so hopefully you're carbo-loading for a marathon tomorrow. Marathons on random Wednesdays in October are totally a thing.
National Today ran a survey about our pasta eating habits in honor of the day. Here's what they found:
- 75% of us eat pasta at least once a week and about 5% eat it daily.
- Only 2.8% of us never eat pasta.
- The most popular pasta dish is cavatappi with mussels and fish sauce. Just kidding, it's spaghetti, obviously.
- The most popular sauce is marinara, it got 52% of the vote. Alfredo sauce came in second, at 44%.
- Two-thirds of people say they'd rather eat fettuccini Alfredo than mac and cheese. Nine out of ten people prefer lasagna to baked ziti.