Merriam-Webster Just Added 850 New Words to The Dictionary
The English language keeps on changing. For the better? We'll see. Merriam-Webster just announced a bunch of new words they're adding to their dictionary.
These words are "real" now:
- Cryptocurrency (noun): "any form of currency that only exists digitally, using a decentralized system to record transactions."
- Life hack (noun): "a usually simple and clever tip or technique for accomplishing some familiar task more easily and efficiently."
- Mansplain (verb): "to explain something to a woman in a condescending way that assumes she has no knowledge about the topic."
- Hate-watch (verb): "to watch and take pleasure in laughing at or criticizing."
- Glamping (noun): "outdoor camping with amenities and comforts such as beds, electricity, and access to indoor plumbing, not usually used when camping."
- Dumpster fire (noun): "an utterly calamitous or mismanaged situation or occurrence."
Read more at Merriam-Webster.