Remember the old ads for Holiday Inn Express, where someone would be super confident and do something amazing, because they stayed "at a Holiday Inn Express last night"?

Well, a guy named Josh Randall was staying at a hotel in Pocatello, Idaho on Saturday night with his wife and four kids. They were all down at the pool when a six-year-old boy there for a birthday party started drowning.

Apparently he was under the water for a while, because Josh says he was shocked at how blue his skin was when they pulled him out. But Josh knew CPR, so he started doing chest compressions while someone else did mouth-to-mouth. After about three minutes, the kid started coughing up water and breathing again.

According to the paramedics, he suffered some lung damage from all the water he inhaled. But he should make a full recovery. And yes, the hotel where it happened was a Holiday Inn Express.

Randall says that he is embarrassed that some people are calling him a hero. "If I hadn't have been there someone else would have stepped up and done the same thing."

Read more at Idaho State Journal.