Iowa City on List For Driverless Car Proving Grounds
Back in January, the United States Department of Transportation chose ten cities to host designated "proving grounds" for driverless cars.
The areas listed are encouraged to test out automated vehicle technologies. So if you're in Iowa City, don't be surprised if the car next you doesn't have anybody manning the wheel.
- City of Pittsburgh and the Thomas D. Larson Pennsylvania Transportation Institute
- Texas AV Proving Grounds Partnership
- U.S. Army Aberdeen Test Center
- American Center for Mobility (ACM) at Willow Run, Michigan
- Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA) & GoMentum Station
- San Diego Association of Governments
- Iowa City Area Development Group
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Central Florida Automated Vehicle Partners
- North Carolina Turnpike Authority
Read more at the Associated Press.