Fire crews in Thunder Bay, Ontario were called out to a home after the owner's attempt at destroying a wasp nest went awry.

The Common wasp.

The man had poured gasoline on the nest and set it on fire. The flames quickly got out of control and ignited part of his house.

Luckily, only a small amount of damage was done. Crews had to break through a wall to extinguish some embers that had fallen into the wall.

Nobody was injured in the fire or by the wasps.

Read more at CBC News.

More From 97X