Blood Orange Pale Ale from Green Tree in LeClaire is What’s Tappening
No, it's not an IPA...it's a Blood Orange Infused Pale Ale. A delicious, refreshing, aromatic pale ale from Green Tree Brewery in LeClaire.
Thanks to Doc for hooking us up with a growler and for making tonight's radio show more like a carnival ride than a job.
The first thing you notice when you crack this beer open is the amazing smell of oranges. The taste is just a good too with a super fruity (but not too fruity) taste and a bit of bitterness that makes you think of that bit of peel that gets left behind on the slices.
Charlie Cole from Big Swing Brewery in Rock Island and I talk beer events in the QC over a growler in this weeks "What's Tappening" on 97X.
Busy weekend in the QC!
Whatever you choose to do, you will not be disappointed in the QC beer scene this weekend!
Yoga on the Mezz at Crawford Brew Works 6:00 PM
Music BINGO at Front Street Brewery 6:30 PM
Floyd's Burgers & Sliders Food Truck at Five Cities Brewing 5:00 PM
Music BINGO at Green Tree Brewery 8:00 PM
Tour de Brew QC Fundraiser Bike Ride 11:00 AM
Jaycees of the Quad Cities Bar-B-QC Craft Beer Tasting at LeClaire Park Davenport IA 1:00 PM
Riverview Bacon & Brew Fest at Riverview Park in Clinton IA 4:00 PM
Patio Yoga at Crawford Brew Works 10:00 AM
Floyd's Burgers & Sliders Food Truck at Crawford Brew Works 12:00 PM
- Twisted Into Form American Pale Ale, Oktoberfest, and Joyride DDH IPA at Stompbox Brewing
- Strawberry Wheat is on tap at Bent River Brewing Company
- Sweet Burning Desire Habanero IPA at Radicle Effect Brewerks
- Fuji Juice Sour and Oktoberfest and at Galena Brewing Company Moline Ale House
- Mane Squeeze Farmhouse Ale at Midwest Ale Works
- Festbier at Crawford Brew Works