The Beer Float at Blue Cat is Perfect for This Summer Heat
My first "beer collaboration" happened and it turned out better than I hoped. Charlie Cole from the Blue Cat Brewing Co & I got together and made a beer for the Beer Battle on the Belle, our beer fest on the Celebration Belle.
We wanted a darker beer with some sweetness so we went with a stout and threw in a ton of chocolate and fudge and cookies and awesomeness. Turns out, by the time the Battle came around it wasn't ready yet. It was still too sweet. Now that it's sat a while it's got more beer flavor and not such a sugar bomb.
Charlie held off serving it and I brought up the idea of putting it over ice cream like a Beer Float. Turns out, The Blue Cat makes their own ice cream!
It was a match made in heaven and now, for a limited time only, you can get Bill's Beer Float only on Wednesday at The Blue Cat.
The Blue Cat Beer Garden is OPEN! So, get down there on Wednesday to enjoy Bill's Beer Float outside!
NEW WEDNESDAY NIGHT BEER FLOAT
Bill Stage came in and brewed a super unique beer with Charlie. So unique and so limited that we feel the need to only serve it as a float and only on Wednesdays until it’s gone. The beer is an American Stout brewed with fudge brownies and oatmeal cookies, and since it’s a Beer Float it’s completed with house made ice cream and maraschino cherries.
Upcoming Craft Beer Events:
- June 25 MoTown Craft Beer Festival – at Bass Street Landing in Downtown Moline, IL – Tickets On Sale Now
- July 9 QC Beer Club with Rebels & Lions Brewing at Rebellion Brew Haus 1:00 PM - Join Today
What's New on Tap This Week
- Bill's American Stout Beer Float - only served on Wednesdays at Blue Cat Brewing Co. for a limited time
- La Pachanga Mexican-Style Dark Lager, Minor Threat Double IPA and Fire Island Watermelon Wheat at Contrary Brewing
- Jean Editing Hazy IPA and Mimir Can’t Play Racquetball Norwegian Pale Ale at Rebels and Lions Brewing
- Rezin Blast Hazy IPA and Crater of Delusion American Amber at Stompbox Brewing
- Weiz Guy Hefeweizen and Juicy Loosy Pineapple Sour at Front Street Brewery
- Tan Lines Tangerine Ale Pink Flamingo Gluten-Free Hard Seltzer at Great Revivalist Brew Lab
- Hop Delusions Double Dry Hopped Hazy IPA at Geneseo Brewing Co.
- Room 217Sour at Nerdspeak Brewery
- Cherry Lewis Sour at Galena Brewing Company Moline Ale House
- Evil Morty Hazy IPA, Carpe All The Diems Sour, Kathyrn’s Double Nickel Pilsner and Teenie Weenie Pink Bikini Raspberry Wheat at Five Cities Brewing