Who’s Worth The Most After Death?
I saw today that Elvis' estate WAS earning $40 million per year even though he was long gone. So just for the helluvit I looked up the top "dead earners" according to Forbes, and here's the list:
- Michael Jackson, averaging $115 million per year since his death ... yikes!
- Elvis, now averaging $55 million per year, largely due to his postage stamp!
- Charles Schulz, at $40 million since the Peanuts 3-D is coming out next month.
- Bob Marley, at $21 million was a bit of a surprise but his "Marley's Mellow Mood" beverage sales are huge!
- Elizabeth Taylor, at $20 million still sells enough "White Diamonds" perfume to hang around the top 5.
Once in the top 5, but not anymore, are John Lennon and JRR Tolkein, by the way.