There’s a 1-in-5 Chance Your Parents Hate the Name You Gave Your Kid
When you had a kid and you told your parents the name you picked, did they say, "Awww, we love it" or did they kinda scrunch up their faces and say, "Hmm. Interesting"?
According to a new survey of grandparents, 20% say they hate their grandchild's name. ere are the main reasons why:
- 32% say it's too odd.
- 20% don't like that their name suggestions were ignored.
- 15% think it sounds made up or is too unconventional.
- 11% think it will embarrass the child.
- 10% wish the kid had gotten a family name instead.
- 5% think it's too hard to pronounce.
The survey also found that grandmothers had more issues with baby names than grandfathers. 44% of parents say their own mother had the worst reaction to the name they picked for their baby and 42% say it was their mother-in-law.
Read more at Evening Standard.