The Most Worthless and Most Valuable College Majors
A lot of kids are heading off to college this week. Here's what they should major in if they just want to waste their parents' money.
A new study ranked the most worthless majors. Plenty of people do find success with them, but it's not always easy. #1 might surprise you, here are the top five:
- Clinical psychology. The current unemployment rate is over 8% and the median income is $43,000 a year.
- Miscellaneous fine arts degrees. Things like music, film, and graphic design. There's a lot of competition, so it's tough to find a job.
- Composition and rhetoric. Which is a specific type of English major.
- Community organizing and human services.
- Studio arts. Things like painting and photography.
Four of the five most valuable majors are in engineering. Number one is petroleum engineering, followed by pharmacy, geological engineering, mineral engineering, and marine engineering.
Read more at Cashlorette.