Tennessee Woman Barbecues Brisket in Bathtub, Starts Fire
Knowville firefighters responded to a call at an apartment complex earlier this week. Upon arrival they found that the resident was using her bathtub to cook a brisket.
The woman had an open fire in the bottom of her fiberglass tub with the meat sitting on wire racks resting on the edges of the tub. The firefighters were able to extinguish the melting fiberglass by using the shower head. The tub was beginning to melt and some water poured into the neighbor's apartment below.
Knoxville Fire Department Captian DJ Corcoran wrote in a press release: "Now, this may sound tempting and tasty, but now comes our public service announcement; 'THIS IS NOT A SAFE PRACTICE, AND OVER 50% OF RESIDENTIAL FIRES INVOLVE COOKING.'"
Read more at WVLT.