Proven Ways to Deal With Picky Eaters
As parent of picky eaters and a picky eater myself, I could have used these tips years ago. Here are some ways to get kids to eat stuff they don't like.
Most parents will offer their child a reward for eating something they don't like, but that's not a good strategy. In the long-term, it probably won't change their eating habits. The whole plan just reinforces the idea that chocolate=good and broccoli=bad.
These are the strategies that tend to work better:
- Repeated exposure to the food they don't like.
- Setting a good example by eating the food yourself.
- Preparing meals together and teaching them how to cook.
- Hiding the taste with other flavors, like putting butter or cheese on vegetables.
- Making the food look more interesting by doing things with it, like arranging vegetables in the shape of a face.
Read more at Daily Mail.