Over One Billion Dollars Will Be Spent at Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest has been a tradition of Munich, Germany since 1810 to honor of the marriage of Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig and Princess Therese of Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
In the 200 years it's been celebrated, the numbers behind Oktoberfest have reached some pretty staggering heights. Here's a quick look at makes up the festival, by the numbers:
- 1.1 billion euros will be pumped into Munich's economy.
- 6.6 million liters of beer were consumed last year.
- 130,000 post cards will be sent from Oktoberfest's post office.
- 119,000 seats are available.
- 110,000 souvenir mugs will be confiscated.
- 9,5000 people in traditional costume participate in the annual parade.
- 3,324 items will be turned in to lost and found.
- 1,400 full toilets along with a half mile of urinal troughs.
- 720 people were arrested at the 2014 festival.
- 600 people required medical assistance for alcohol poisoning in 2014.
Read more at Mother Nature Network.