How to See The Solar Eclipse If You Don’t Have Special Glasses
Did you forget to order a pair of specialized eclipse glasses? Fret not, there are a few options for you to still view today's solar eclipse.
Here are some options:
- Check with local libraries. Libraries across the nation will be handing out eclipse glasses at viewing parties. Make sure to show up early.
- Visit a retail chain. Many big chains still have eclipse glasses in stock.
- Get a welding helmet. Make sure the shade rating is 12 or higher and you won't damage your retinas.
- Make a pinhole camera. This may not be the coolest option, because you only see a shadow on paper. But you'll save your eyes.
- Use a colander. If you're really on a time crunch, grab the colander from your kitchen. It's like a pinhole camera with a bunch of little shadows.
Read more at Mother Nature Network.