How to Get a Stress-Free Bedroom
You spend about a third of your life sleeping, so why not make your bedroom as relaxing and stress-free as possible. A big comfy bed can only take you so far in getting a good night of rest.
Here are tips to make your bedroom a more relaxing place:
- Paint your walls blue, green, or gray. Those colors are more soothing to your eyes and should help you sleep better.
- Keep the decorations to a minimum. Having too many picture frames and other crap on the wall can look cluttered and subconsciously stress you out.
- Hang a mirror on the wall opposite a window. It'll reflect the outdoors, and create the illusion of extra space and natural light.
- Switch to warm, yellow bulbs. Bright white or florescent bulbs make it more difficult to relax.
- Get a bed with enough room. If you're in a relationship, you should have at LEAST a queen bed, which gives each of you 30 inches of space when you sleep.
- Sleep in natural fiber bed sheets. Egyptian cotton and bamboo sheets are some of the best because they help keep you cool and dry.
- Set your thermostat for 65 degrees. According to experts, 60 to 67 degrees is the ideal temperature for sleep.
Read more at Amara.