High School Football Team Down 24-7 With 1:09 On Clock Comes Back To Win
There's no better story than the local high school team coming back to win against a team who was giving them a good ol' fashioned ass whooping. Even better, is to have that covered by ESPN.
Bishop Gorman out of Nevada was beating Hamilton out of Arizona by 24-7. It looked like a shoo-in for Bishop Gorman since there was only a minute and nine seconds left on the clock.
Hamilton wasn't giving up, and used that 1:09 to take care of business:
- Field goal at 1:09 to bring their lead to only 14 points
- A very successful onside kick
- A touchdown, with 0:29 left to cut the lead to seven
- Another successful onside kick (Like Bishop didn't even see it coming)
- A touchdown that stopped the clock at 8 seconds... now 24-23
- Coach felt spunky, and went for 2, and brought the score to 25-24
These kids will be talking about this game for the rest of their lives. What a cool experience they were able to bring not only themselves, but their fans.
Get our free mobile app
LOOK: What major laws were passed the year you were born?
Data for this list was acquired from trusted online sources and news outlets. Read on to discover what major law was passed the year you were born and learn its name, the vote count (where relevant), and its impact and significance.