41st Annual Rod & Custom Happens At The Bend XPO This Weekend
The 41st Annual Rod & Custom Car Show is happening this weekend, so come by and escape the weather, and get a taste of summer with your friends and family.
The Rod And Custom Car Show presented by RNR Tire Express has brought the warmth of Summer car shows indoors to the Quad Cities since 1983. Come out for one day, or all three to see the best vehicles the Midwest has to offer.
This year, we're partnering with American Muscle Cars 4 U, with this show being the first of their season. Points from this show will count towards their Season Championship.
American Muscle Cars 4 U is also happy to present:
- Hot Wheels Racing Challenge
- Snake & Mongoose Auto World Drag Racing Experience
- AFX Slot Car Racing Championship
- 50/50 Raffle, with Daily Prizes: Benefiting Midwest Animal Assisted Therapy & Education Organization, providing service dogs to veterans & mental health services to our community
The new Bend XPO Center. Located at 922 Mississippi Parkway in East Moline, the Bend XPO offers all the modern amenities to host the Rod & Custom show as well as plenty of easy onsite parking so you can get out of your warm car and into the warm building as quick as possible.
- Friday, January 12 - 1pm-8pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 10am-8pm
- Sunday, January 14 - 10am-3pm
Admission is $8 at the door. Kids under 13 enter for free.
Current military members and Veterans get free admission each day thanks to Dahl Ford!
- The Dwyer & Michaels Classic Car Calendar Cars on display all weekend and Saturday, you can meet the models and grab your free calendar.
- The Auto Olympics returns, with a Tire Change Race, Creeper Race, and a Piston Stack.
- Panel Jams from regionally renowned pinstripers:
- Jim Hetzler - Hetz from Muscatine, Iowa
- Mark Hagstrom - Fat Daddy from Milwaukee
- Chris Glembin - Chris D Painter from Milwaukee
- Bill Faust - Signs By Foust from Shannon, IL
- An original art auction from these artists will also take place.
- Pin Up Show from Abernathy's.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS:
5pm: Tire Race
6pm: Creeper Race
6:30pm: Panel Jam
7pm: Piston Stack
11am: Tire Race
Noon: Car Calendar Signing
12:30pm: Creeper Race
1:30pm: Panel Jam
2pm: Art Auction
2:30pm: Pin-Up Contest
3pm: Piston Stack
4:30pm: Tire Race
5:30pm: Creeper Race
6pm: Art Auction
6:30pm: Piston Stack
11:30am: Tire Race
Noon: Awards Winner Pictures
12:30pm: Creeper Race
1pm: Panel Jam
1:30pm: Art Auction
2pm: Piston Stack
2023 Rod & Custom Show Recap
LOOK: See how much gasoline cost the year you started driving
Gallery Credit: Sophia Crisafulli
LOOK: Baby boomer baby names that have gone out of style
Gallery Credit: Elizabeth Jackson