3/4 Workers Will Be Shopping Today For Cyber Monday
We spent over $5 billion online on Black Friday this year, which is a new record. And Cyber Monday will be even bigger, at an estimated $6.6 billion. That would make it the biggest online shopping day in U.S. history.
Obviously a lot of that shopping will happen at work. Here are five stats about Cyber Monday, and how we plan to shop:
- 41% of workers said they spent at least an hour shopping at work on Cyber Monday last year. 23% plan to spend more time shopping today than they did in 2016.
- 43% of workers said their boss is totally fine with them online shopping at work or at least they think so. 31% said they're not sure. 26% said it's definitely not okay.
- The most popular time to shop online at work today is during lunch, followed by whenever you have free time, and first thing in the morning. 1% said they'll do the majority of their shopping during boring meetings and conference calls.
- Apparently Cyber Monday is much more popular with younger people. Only 14% of people who plan to buy something today are 45 or older.
- One in 20 people said they were planning on skipping work today, so they could focus 100% on shopping.
Read more at Robert Half.