10 Brands That Will Disappear in 2018
24/7 Wall St. has taken a look at all the factors and put together a list of ten brands that will probably disappear next year. Things like declining sales, rising costs, and mergers all point to an end for these brands.
- The Weinstein Company - Following sexual harassment charges against Harvey Weinstein, the future of the company does not look good. Rumors of an outside investor are popping up however.
- Infiniti QX70 - Infiniti will shift resources away from the crossover to focus on newer models.
- House of Cards - Netflix is cancelling the their production after the lead actor, Kevin Spacey, was hit with sexual harassment charges.
- Kmart - The retail chain and it's parent company, Sears Holdings, have seen plunging sales.
- Men's Warehouse - After a merger with Jos. A. Bank, parent company Tailored Brands has seen lost half its value.
- Diet Pepsi - Health concerns and increased taxes have made sales problematic for Pepsi's diet soda.
- Aetna - CVS Healthcare purchased the insurance company to move millions of members to their retail pharmacies.
- Sears - Just like Kmart, this chain is losing sales quickly.
- Fiat - The brand consistently gets bad reviews and bad sales here in the states.
- Volkswagen Touareg - Sales for this ride have been down 9 out of 11 months this year.
Read more at 24/7 Wall St.