Worst Toys of 2017 Include Fidget Spinners and Weapons
World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc. is the non-profit that puts out the annual list of "most dangerous toys" for Christmas. This year they've included fidget spinners and super hero marketed toys.
Here are they're top ten most dangerous toys of 2017:
- Itty bittys baby plush stacking toy by Hallmark – This product was recalled on August 31st because the small fabric hats and bows posed a choking hazard. W.A.T.C.H. were able to purchase the toy online after the recall.
- Pull Along Pony by Tolo Toys Limited – This toy violates a federal law that requires that strings on playpen and crib toys be less than 12 inches long.
- Wonder Woman Battle-Action Sword by Mattel – The stiff plastic sword can cause facial damage or other injuries to children.
- Hand Fidgetz Spinners by Kipp Brothers – Many fidget spinners come with small parts that can easily become loose or pulled off.
- Spider-Man Spider-Drone Official Movie Edition by Marvel and Skyrocket Toys – The rapidly moving blades pose a risk to the fingers, hair, eyes and other body parts of children, which the drone is marketed toward.
- Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt Crossbow by Hasbro – The crossbow toy can cause eye and facial injuries.
- Slackers Slackline Classic Kit by Brand 44 – This outdoor tightrope comes with a warning of “severe injury,” including a chance for “strangulation hazard, especially with children.”
- The Oval Xylophone by Plan Toys Inc. and Plan Creations – W.A.T.C.H. said that the toy does not come with a warning regarding the 9-and-a-half-inch-long stick, which could be placed in the child’s mouth and obstruct the child’s airway.
- Jetts Heel Wheels by Razor USA – The product comes with sparklers on the back that spark while moving.
- Brianna Babydoll by Melissa & Doug – The dolls have removable clothes and ponytail holders, which could be a choking hazard.
Read more at W.A.T.C.H.