Unpossible Mead Joins the Crew of the QC Beer Battle
Charlie Cole from the Blue Cat Brewing Co brought in a bottle of “mead” from Unpossible Mead Inc out of Dwight Il and it was delicious. I asked him what a mead is exactly, and he told me it was basically a honey wine.
There’s a bit of a kinship between mead makers and craft brewers due to the fact that you get to experiment and come up with different flavor combinations. There’s an art to both of these beverages.
Unpossible will be one of the great places serving up some samples on our QC Beer Battle on the Bell happening May 21st, so you’ll have a chance to try it.
Or you can head to Blue Cat where they serve it right now!
Coffee Stout Beer Fans – Don't forget to hit up Bent RIver Brewing this Wednesday to try the next version of the 2022 Local Uncommon Tour
- Seven Churches West Coast IPA at Wake Brewing
- Afternoon Delight Sour at Five Cities Brewing
- Upstream Tangerine Wheat and Peach Cobbler Wheat at Bent River Brewing Company
- The Cure for Pessimism IPA and Hope Brews Eternal Kolsch at Contrary Brewing
- Cosmic Pillows Hazy IPA at Stompbox Brewing
- Crescent Moon English Special Bitter and A LIttle 'BS' Blackberry Stout at Blue Cat Brewing Co.
- Saaz Off Shotgun Czech Pilsner at Radicle Effect Brewerks
- Shock and MAW Fruited Sour at Midwest Ale Works
- Spicy Pineapple Seltzer and River Life American Lager at Adventurous Brewing
- Never Tell Me the Odds Double IPA at Nerdspeak Brewery
- Rambling Raspberry Wheat at Blue Cat Brewing Co.
- Quarters Buy Happy Fruited Sour at Rebels and Lions Brewing
- Cherry Lewis Wheat at Galena Brewing Company Moline Ale House
- Cloud Trippin’ Hazy IPA and Sticky Kitty Double IPA at Great Revivalist Brew Lab