Twitter Thread Goes Viral After Sharing Good Life Advice From 90-Year-Olds
A man in New York went viral on Twitter after posting a thread about pieces of advice he received from 90-year-old people.
The Viral Twitter Thread
Sahil Bloom is a 32-year-old content creator with 835.2K followers on Twitter. People are loving his recent Twitter thread about the advice he recently received.
Many of the words of wisdom include dealing with tough situations, being positive, loving others, and loving oneself.
Here Are 10 Out Of The 40 Pieces Of Advice Bloom Received:
- Now and then, break out the fancy china and drink the good wine for no reason at all.
- Dance at weddings until your feet are sore.
- Tell your partner you love them every night before falling asleep. Someday you’ll find the other side of the bed empty and wish you could.
- Don’t fear sadness, as it tends to sit right next to love.
- Treat your body like a house you have to live in for another 70 years.
- Never raise your voice, except for at a ballgame.
- Do one good deed every single day, but never tell anyone about it.
- Give everybody a second chance, but never a third.
- The "good old days" are always happening right now.
- Whenever you hug someone, make sure they are the one to let go first.
Bloom ended his thread noting that his key takeaway is that “time is precious” and that everyone should “cherish it.”
Getting To Know The Elders
During his time interviewing these elders, he took the time to get to know some of them more. He met a lovely couple named Hank and Phyllis, and said they were "the most incredible people," he's ever met, and that "their love for each other warms the soul."
Here is the tweet.
He recommended that everyone ask their older loved ones the same question and see what wisdom they have to share.