The 11 Best-Selling One-Hit Wonders of All Time
There are two kinds of one-hit wonders: The ones that march through the decades in infamy, and the ones that peak and then are forgotten, until they resurface in a trivia question. Or in a semi-ironic playlist.
"Business Insider" has a list of the top-selling one-hit wonders over the years. There's no precise definition of a 'one-hit wonder,' just artists who had one single that vastly outperformed any of their other tracks.
Here's the list:
- "Somebody That I Used To Know", Gotye, 2011, 8x platinum
- "Eye of the Tiger", Survivor, 1982, 8x platinum
- "Let Her Go", Passenger, 2012, 6x platinum
- "Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)", Silentó, 2015, 6x platinum
- "Panda", Desiigner, 2015, 5x platinum
- "Ridin'", Chamillionaire, 2006, 4x platinum
- "Like A G6", Far East Movement, 2010, 4x platinum
- "Lips of An Angel", Hinder, 2006, 4x platinum
- "Macarena", Los del Rio, 1993, 4x platinum . . . The English-language remix came out two years later, in 1995.
- "Hey There Delilah", Plain White T's, 2006, 4x platinum
- "Whoomp! (There It Is)", Tag Team, 1993, 4x platinum
Hit up BusinessInsider.com for more.