It Takes 10 Weeks to Become a Bad Driver Once You Get Your License
New drivers tend to be kind of timid and maybe even too careful sometimes. Give your teenager a few months, and they'll have the same terrible, annoying driving habits as the rest of us.
A new study found the average person starts adopting bad driving habits about 10 weeks after they get their license. About two-and-a-half months in. Here are eight habits, and how long it takes before we start doing them:
- Giving up on gripping the wheel at "10 and 2" – 3 months and 15 days in.
- Not always wearing your seat belt – 3 months and 18 days.
- Forgetting to check your mirrors when you change lanes – 3 months and 21 days.
- Not using turn signals – 4 months and 12 days.
- Tailgating – 4 months and 15 days.
- Riding in the left lane when people need to pass – 4 months and 18 days.
- Cutting people off – 5 months and 3 days.
- Running red lights – 5 months and 6 days.
Read more at SWNS.