How Likely Are You To Hit a Deer?
According to Statefarm, West Virginia continues to top the list of "most likely to hit a deer".
Where are the only states that count on this list?
In Iowa, there is a 1 in 73 chance of killing Bambi.
In Illinois, that number drops to 1 in 200 (Thanks Chicago).
Tips to Avoid Animals in the Road
- Stay Alert. Watch the ditches and pay particular attention to roads near water.
- Use High Beams. Flicking your high beams might freak it out...or trigger an acid flashback.
- Don't Swerve. If you come off the road, you might come back on too fast and flip your car. Kill the deer! It's fine. There are plenty of them.
- Brake as Necessary. Don't swerve...hit the brakes! Hong your horn...not only if you're horny.
- Remember Peak Season. October through December is hunting and mating season. You've run a couple red lights on your way to getting some...so will those big bucks!
- Remember Meal Time. Between dusk and dawn is when they eat. So pay attention.
- Watch for Herds. If you see one deer, there are more.