How “Finally Gillman” Beer Got It’s Name at Blue Cat
This week Charlie Cole from the Blue Cat Brewing Company brought in called "Finally Gillman" which named after his friends who've been dating for 13 years and finally tied the knot on Saturday. This Blood Orange Hefeweizen is based off of Blue Cats award winning hefeweizen and they conditioned it on blood oranges to give some juicy citrus along with some banana & clove.
It's on tap right now at the Blue Cat
And we of course talked about the Quad Cities Tour De Brew which is happening this Saturday. They'll kick off the "map your own ride" bicycle ride at Icons and end up back across the street at the Blue Cat for a "rain or shine" bags tournament. All to help raise funds and awareness for cancer research.
Tour de Brew QC Charity Bike Ride is happening this Saturday, April 30th along the Mississippi River Trail throughout the Quad Cities area. Sign up for Tour de Brew or join the fun along the way to support a great cause.
May, 21 Quad Cities Beer Battle on the Belle – on the Celebration Belle Riverboat in Moline, IL – Sold Out...We'll see you there!
What's Tappening This Week
- Cryptic Kitty Kölsch at Great Revivalist Brew Lab
- Hail, Poseidon Pale Ale at Crawford Brew Works
- 5ive2722 Pineapple Coconut Wheat at Five Cities Brewing
- Untold Depths Export Stout at Twin Span Brewing
- Brewstache Orange Creme Ale and Blaison Blackberry Saison at Midwest Ale Works
- Slide Rules and Tang Sour at Nerdspeak Brewery
- Finally Gillman Hefeweizen at Blue Cat Brewing Co.
- Blueberry Lemonade Avalanche Fruit Beer at Contrary Brewing
- BrainWave Hazy IPA and Critical Mass NEIPA at Stompbox Brewing
- Wild Bill Pilz Lager at Green Tree Brewery
- Relocated Double Barrel Aged Stout, Pink Lemonade Sour and Blood Orange Vanilla Crème Wheat Ale at Adventurous Brewing
- The Guilded Hoss Pale Ale at Rebels and Lions Brewing
- Satan on Holiday Sour at Radicle Effect Brewerks
- Cannavore Belgian Blonde at Wake Brewing
- Rainy Haze Hazy IPA and Blackbird Blackberry Wheat at Geneseo Brewing Co.