Fisher-Price’s Iconic Chatterphone Makes Real Calls Now
As a kid, we all either had or knew someone who had the iconic Fisher-Price Chatter Telephone toy. You know the one, it had a face and for some reason, wheels?
Fisher-Price has partnered with Best Buy to bring us a childhood throwback that we can actually use for making calls.
The car-phone-living being is true to its original self too, with a couple surprises, according to CNET. The idea of course,
- When you connect your phone, the Chatter says "Hi there, good to go!"
- Every number you spin into the number wheel, proving you're a dialing master.
- Speaker phone button
- Rings for incoming calls, and answers just by picking up the phone. Outgoing calls start by picking up the phone and dialing.
- A lock switch for his rubber wheels
- Nine hours of talk time per charge
The Chatter Telephone is available for pre-order from Best Buy. He'll cost you $60, but you can't put a price on childhood nostalgia.
Oh, and to make your heart melt, he tells you "Love you, bye."
Read more at CNET
Get our free mobile app
LOOK: Things from the year you were born that don't exist anymore
The iconic (and at times silly) toys, technologies, and electronics have been usurped since their grand entrance, either by advances in technology or breakthroughs in common sense. See how many things on this list trigger childhood memories—and which ones were here and gone so fast you missed them entirely.