If you live in Scott or Louisa Counties and your home was damaged by recent floods you may be eligible for FEMA assistance.  Grant money to repair your home, replace some personal property or to pay rent at an alternate home location may be available.

The deadline to register for FEMA assistance is July 1st.


To register for FEMA assistance call 1-800-621-FEMA or go online to disasterassistance.gov.

Another avenue for those with flood damage is the Small Business Association.  The SBA offers federal low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, most private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters.

Businesses of any size may borrow up to $2 million to repair/replace disaster property damage.  Small businesses, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most private nonprofit organizations may also borrow to help meet disaster caused working capital needs. The $2 million maximum applies to the combination of property damage and working capital loans.



To apply to SBA you can apply at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela, any Disaster Recovery Center and receive personal, one-on-one help from an SBA representative or by mail: Send completed paper application to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.

More From 97X