Everyone Should Follow These Halloween Rules
There are two ways you can take this list. One: Follow the rules and we'll all have a good time. Two: Break every one of them and suck the life out of Halloween.
Really, if we all follow these etiquette rules we can avoid looking like fools or hurting somebody's feelings:
- Don't guess what someone's costume is unless you know what it is. You might offend them. If you're not sure, just ask, especially with kids.
- Don't bring bloody decorations into the office. Not everyone likes gore. So if you decorate your desk, try to keep it fairly PG.
- Don't wear an offensive costume. Even if it's a joke, it's risky.
- Nothing is private anymore. So if you're wearing an offensive costume, don't act shocked when someone posts photos of it on Facebook.
- Teach your kids to be polite trick-or-treaters. Make sure they say thank you every time, even if it's candy they don't like.