Downtown Bettendorf to Keep Party Going After Zip Code Day
We told you about Bettendorf's plans for a big 5.27.22 celebration but they're making the next weekend a party too.
On June 4, the Downtown Bettendorf Organization is hosting Be Downtown. It's free and it's outdoors. It will be at the 15th St & State St parking lot. The event will kick off at 9:30 a.m. and last until 10:00 p.m.
It's a family-friendly event that will feature:
- multiple bags tournaments with cash prizes
- live outdoor music
- food & drink vendors
- children's activities and more
The event will begin at 9:30 with a free 45-minute high-intensity training workout from 1031 Fitness.
The bags tournaments will be at 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. There's no cost to enter the bags tournaments. Check-in for those will be an hour prior to start time.
Bands will be playing all day in two-hour sets. Late-night live music will continue at downtown Bettendorf businesses: Harley Corin's, Riverside Grille, and Purgatory's Pub.
A family fun zone will be set up that will include bounce houses, bubble stations, and a hands-on science station.
According to Be Downtown's Facebook event, food trucks at the event include:
- CC&B Mobile Food BBQ
- Here’s the Scoop
- Izzy’s Place
- QC Fuel
- Verde (which is a contemporary Mexican restaurant located at The Bridges and will offer food and an outdoor bar for alcohol and other beverage sales.)
You're encouraged to bring a lawn chair. Parking is available at multiple lots:
- 15th St. and Grant St. (TBK Bank building lot opens at 1 p.m.)
- 18th St. and Mississippi St. (Asbury Methodist Church lot)
- 18th St. and Grant St. (City of Bettendorf lot)
- Bettendorf City Hall