Davenport Police To Enforce Bix Parking Rules Starting Early Saturday Morning
Bix weekend is inching closer every single second. As we get closer, more information to watch this Bix race is coming out from Davenport officials and agencies. The Davenport Police Department announced what time they will begin enforcing parking rules along this Bix 7 route on Saturday and let's just say, you'll need to plan ahead on Friday or wake up super early Saturday morning.
On Wednesday, the Davenport Police Department announced what time they will be enforcing parking rules along the Bix 7 race route on Saturday.
According to Wednesday's social media post, the Davenport Police Department is reminding racers and watchers that all three downtown parking ramps will offer free parking from 5 p.m. Friday, July 23, until noon on Sunday, July 25.
Those three parking ramps in downtown Davenport are:
- Redstone Parking Ramp – 101 Main St.
- Harrison Parking Ramp – 202 Harrison St.
- RiverCenter Parking Ramp – 102 E 2nd St.
Davenport Police want you to make sure you arrive early enough to get in place before the race starts.
The Davenport Police say that parking on the Bix 7 race route and the Quick Bix race routes will be prohibited. That will be enforced starting on Saturday, July 24 starting at 5 a.m. All vehicles parked on the race route after 5 a.m. will be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense.
Davenport PD also reminds Bix watchers that parking on the grass or on or in close proximity to the railroad tracks south of River Drive is strictly prohibited. Railroad tracks are still active and are private property
Last week, the City of Davenport announced road closures in downtown Davenport for Bix weekend. These are the following road closures that begin this weekend:
Road Closures Starting Friday
- 9 a.m. Friday - 12 p.m. Sunday
- 3rd St -- from Ripley St to Brady St
- 10 a.m. Friday - 11 p.m Saturday
- Emerson Place -- from Perry St to Iowa St
- Pershing Ave -- from 2nd St to River Dr
- 1 p.m. Friday - 12 p.m. Saturday
- 3rd St -- from Ripley St to River Dr
- E 4th St -- from Pershing Ave to River Dr
- LeClaire St -- from E 4th St to River Dr
- Iowa St - from E 4th St to E 3rd St
- 1 p.m. Friday - 12 p.m. Sunday
- Iowa St -- from E 3rd St to E 2nd St
Road Closures Starting Saturday
- 6 a.m. Saturday - 12 p.m. Saturday
- 4th St -- from Main St to Pershing Ave
- Brady St -- from 4th St to River Dr
- Pershing Ave -- from 4th St to 2nd St
- 2nd St -- from Main St to Perry St
New this year, instead of Street Fest, the City of Davenport is having Bix Block Parties. Below is the list of those parties going on this weekend:
Bix Block Parties
- Bix Bash Music Festival
- West 3rd Street between Ripley and Harrison
- Bix Bash
- West 3rd Street between Main and Brady
- Party on Pershing
- Pershing Avenue between East 2nd Street and River Drive
- Dam View Inn Bix Celebration
- Iowa Street between East 3rd Street and East 2nd Street