What You Need to Know: Downtown Davenport’s Holiday Pickle Hunt
Downtown Davenport businesses and the German American Heritage Center are hosting a Holiday Pickle hunt.
In German tradition, an ornamental pickle is placed in the Christmas tree, and on Christmas morning, whoever finds the pickle gets an extra gift from Santa Clause.
Through January 3rd, simply pick up an official card and find 10 pickles inside participating Downtown Davenport businesses. Card are available at all participating businesses.
- 392 Caffe (502 W. 3rd St.)
- Abernathy's (432 W. 3rd St.)
- Adler Theatre (136 E. 3rd St.)
- Allied Barber Supply (224 W. 3rd St.)
- Café d'Marie (614 W. 5th St.)
- Chill Ice Cream & Eats (421 W. River Dr.)
- Chocolate Manor (110 E. 2nd St.)
- Cookies & Dreams (217 E. 2nd St.)
- Cool Beanz (101 W. 3rd St.)
- Davenport Public Library (321 N. Main St.)
- Doodads (430 W. 3rd St.)
- Figge Art Museum (225 W. 2nd St.)
- Freight House Farmers Market (421 W. River Dr.)
- Front Street - Taproom (421 W. River Dr.)
- Front Street Pub & Eatery (208 E. River Dr.)
- German American Heritage Center (712 W. 2nd St.)
- Hotel Blackhawk (200 E. 3rd St.)
- Major Art & Hobby (201 E. 2nd St.)
- Me & Billy (200 W. 3rd St.)
- Oh So Sweet (314 Main St.)
- Polished Hair Lounge (735 Federal St.)
- Salon Static (205 E. 2nd St.)
- Source Bookstore (232 W. 3rd St.)
- The Half Nelson (321 E. 2nd St.)
- The Vault Beauty Lounge and Urban Retreat (229 Brady St.)
- Theo & Co. (219 E. 2nd St.)
- Toasted (118 E. 4th St.)
- Unimpaired (246 W. 3rd St.)
- Y&J Development - Gordon Van Tine (736 Federal St.) (Suite 1-101)
- Zeke's Island Café (131 W. 2nd St.)
After completing the hunt, just drop your card off at the German American Heritage Center or the Davenport Public Library. You'll receive a pickle ornament for your own tree, and be entered for chances to win some Keep It QC gift cards and a Grand Prize Basket.
Get our free mobile app
Read more at Downtown Davenport
25 True Crime Locations: What Do They Look Like Today?
Below, find out where 25 of the most infamous crimes in history took place — and what the locations are used for today. (If they've been left standing.)