Consumer Safety Group Rolls Out Annual List of Worst Toys For Christmas
For the last 40 years, World Against Toys Causing Harm puts out a list of the worst toys to get your kid for Christmas.
The toys are deemed dangerous and pose some kind of harm to the user, so obviously we're going to give you as many links to purchase these as possible. Some call them dangerous toys, we call it Darwinism.
- Nerf Ultra One by Hasbro (You'll shoot your eye out, kid)
- Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog by Learning Resources Inc. (Choking hazard)
- Bunchems Bunch'N Build by Spin Master LTD (Parts get stuck in hair)
- Yeti by Douglas Co. Inc. (Loses fiber like hairs, posing aspiration and digestive risks)
- Nickelodeon Frozen Treats Slime by La Rose Industries LLC (Harmful chemicals pretending to be food)
- Anstoy Electronic Toy Gun (Can be mistaken for a real gun)
- Diecast School Bus by Schylling (Tires can be removed, posing a choking hazard)
- Pogo Trick Board by Flybar Inc. (Package warns to wear a helmet due to high bouncing balls, but kids on the package don't have to wear a helmet)
- Power Rangers Electronic Cheetah Claw by Hasbro (Encourages to "Take on enemies")
- Viga Pull Along Caterpillar by VIGA (Doesn't warn the user that the 24" pull cord poses entanglement risks)
Be sure to check out the Nerf Ultra One, it's supposed to shoot darts up to 120 feet.
According to The Toy Association, a toy industry trade group that represents almost all companies on the list, says that the list is inflammatory and should just be labeled as misleading.
In a written statement, The Toy Association said "By law, all toys sold in the United States must meet 100+ rigorous safety tests and standards. On the other hand, W.A.T.C.H. does not test the toys in its report to check their safety; their allegations appear to be based on their misrepresentation or misunderstanding of the mandatory toy standards."
Read more at Times Free Press