Blue Cat Offers an American Black Ale on Tap
Charlie Cole from the Blue Cat Brewing Company brought in a delicious beer for me to try. It's called The Man in Black which is not like a normal "dark beer" you see on tap. It's not a stout, it's not a porter. It's an American Black Ale.
He said he likes keeping a dark beer on tap at all times and this one has gone over like crazy. It's thinner than a stout, with plenty of hop character along with some sweet fruit taste. The bitterness & sweetness gives a bit of an orange peel kick.
This is Charlie's 1st shot at this style and it's really fun to be able to check out his experimentations. Especially when they turn out so good.
- Reclaim Hazy IPA and Dank Nectar Double IPA at Great Revivalist Brew Lab
- Thirsty Panda American Pale Ale at Galena Brewing Company Moline Ale House
- Fruitloose Blueberry Sour at Five Cities Brewing
- Cinnamon Adventure Barrel Aged Stout at Adventurous Brewing
- Hop Collision Triple IPA at Contrary Brewing
- Apricot Hefeweizen at Front Street Brewery
- Coffee Brown Ale and Hazy Pale Ale at Stompbox Brewing
- Kilted Kurmudgeon Scottish Wee Heavy at Crawford Brew Works
- MAWtherload Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Passion Fruit Stout at Midwest Ale Works
- Hand Of Doom Stout at WAKE Brewing
- The Man in Black American Black Ale, Back on Track West Coast Pale Ale at Blue Cat Brewing Co.
Drink Local. Support Local.
CraftQC on Facebook
CraftQC on Instagram
Quad Cities Beer Club – Join Today!
What The Quad Cities Did For Fun in the 90's
Many times over the years, I'll be talking with friends about years gone by and I'll say "take me back".
Every generation goes through this, I assume. Looking back at a more simple time where responsibilities haven't set in and life seems fun. Opportunities are endless.
Let's go back to the 1990's to Wacky Waters, 50 Cent Beer night and revisit Mallards Mania!
Craft Breweries in the Quad Cities Area
We're very lucky to live in an area with such an amazing, thriving "craft beer scene". You'll be able to find everything you could want.
Not sure what you want? That's ok. The bartenders at these establishments are very well versed and can guide you through a wonderland of Ales and Lagers.
From "coffee infused" to "riff infused".
From "pale ales" to "peanut butter porters".
Fruity, Sour, Hoppy, Malty, Crisp, Crushable beers in all shapes and sizes.
Crowlers, Growlers, Cans & Kegs...the Quad Cities Craft Beer scene has it all.
And of course...a great beer isn't complete unless it's paired with some amazing food. Whether it's made in the breweries kitchen or in the food truck in the parking lot...brewers know that people love food with their beer.
Take a look at the 19 Quad Cities Area craft breweries!