Celebrating One Year of the Return of This Popular Illinois Brewing Company
This week, Blue Cat Brewing Company celebrates one year of bringing the Cat Back to the Quad Cities. The Blue Cat Brew Pub was many Quad Citizens' first foray into the craft beer world and after a short time away, it was time to make a comeback and we're thankful they did!
Brewing & Malting Science Certificate
Adding to his wall of certificates and brewing accolades, brewmaster Charlie Cole completed the Brewing & Malting Science certificate through the Master Brewers Association at the University of Wisconsin. Charlie received a scholarship and completed the course alongside brewers from Coors, Bells, Allagash, Urban Chestnut, Yards, Lawsons Finest Liquids and several other incredible North American breweries. This advanced program marks his 4th professional brewing certificate program (the most of any brewer in the Quad Cities).
Make Beer Your Career
Ever thought of making a career change in the beer industry? St. Louis University & Blue Cat Brewing Co. are teaming up to present a panel discussion with area brewers about making beer your career! Charlie will host a conversation with other local brewers about what they did prior to brewing. Their education before and after making beer their careers, and the different paths and opportunities in the craft beer industry.
Registration includes a complimentary beer flight and glassware. Free to attend but you must pre-register.
Learn To Homebrew Day
Blue Cat will also be hosting the National Homebrewers Association “Learn To Homebrew Day” on Saturday, November, 5th at 11 am. In 1999, Learn To Homebrew Day was established as the first Saturday in November by the American Homebrewers Association to promote the most rewarding and delicious activity of all time—homebrewing.
Upcoming Events to Check Out
What's On Tap
- Apple Pie Dessert Sour at Rebels & Lions Brewing
- That's What the Coco is Cookin Brown Ale and Leave No Trace Amber Ale at Radicle Effect Brewerks
- Psychedelic Sundew Hazy IPA at Front Street Brewery
- Loyal Lab Lager at Five Cities Brewing
- Nightmare Logic Double IPA at Stompbox Brewing
- Shadow Density #01 Stout at Twin Span Brewing
- B@tsh!t Hazy IPA, Hopped into my DM's Double IPA and Blub@llz Blueberry Sour at Great Revivalist Brew Lab
- Key Lime Sour at Crawford Brew Works
- Drunkin Punkin at Midwest Ale Works
- Pleased as Pie Boysenberry Sour and Adventurous Hefeweizen at Adventurous Brewing
Join the Club!
Dog-o-Ween Was a HOWLing Good Time This Weekend