Who knew that cooking roadkill indoors with an uncontrolled open flame could go wrong?

Eddy Hall Feeds Squirrels In St James Park
Getty Images

Back in October of 2012, a guy in Holland, Michigan found a dead squirrel and took it into his girlfriend's apartment to cook it up and eat it. A free squirrel makes for some damn good vittles, as you know.

But before he could dig in, he had to remove its fur and his method for that was a propane blowtorch. But the squirrel caught on fire, then the apartment caught on fire, then the entire complex caught on fire.

There's been a huge legal battle between the apartment complex and the woman's insurance company in the four years since the fire, with numbers as big as $2 million being thrown around to cover the damages.

But their long, roadkill cookin' nightmare is finally over, the building and the insurance company just settled for $300,000.

There's no word on whether the woman and her boyfriend are still together, or if he's still eating roadkill.

Read more at WZZM.

More From 97X