Bettendorf Schools Approved For Remote Learning
Bettendorf will be joining other schools in the Quad Cities shifting to 100% online learning. The school announced Wednesday night the waiver filed with the state on November 17 was approved by the state.
In an email to parents, Superintendent of Schools Dr. Michelle Morse said:
BCSD received notification that our waiver to move to remote learning was approved this afternoon.
Staff have been working tirelessly this week to prepare and finalize plans for this transition. For students participating in the hybrid learning model, nothing will change this week. The transition to 100% remote learning will go into effect on Monday, November 23rd.
As I outlined in the parent communication on Tuesday, November 17th, additional details regarding remote learning schedules, student work and participation, school attendance, and meal services will be sent no later than Friday morning of this week.
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate these challenging times.
According to the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) the 14-day COVID-19 positivity rate in Scott County has risen to 26.2%. School officials say that rate has passed the "substantial uncontrolled zone."
While there is no final word on when the waiver will expire, the initial communication from the schools stated the in person learning would be shut down until December 9.
Below is the list of other schools in the Quad Cities that are currently or are planning to go to full remote learning:
- Moline-Coal Valley School District: Remote learning starts Monday, November 16 and continue to Tuesday, January 5, 2021.
- Davenport Schools: Start remote learning Monday, November 16 and continue to Tuesday, December 10.
- Rock Island-Milan School District: Using Monday and Tuesday to prepare for the switch to remote learning. Full-time remote learning states Wednesday, November 18 and go through Monday, January 18, 2021.
- East Moline School District: Starts remote learning Monday, November 16 until at least Tuesday, December 8
- Clinton School District: Starts remote learning on Thursday, November 19 through Thursday, December 3.