Alabama Man Accidentally Electrocuted After Falling Asleep With Charging Phone
Wiley Day of Huntsville, Alabama is lucky to be alive after falling asleep with his phone charging next to him in bed. The 32-year-old ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his neck and hands.
Day's dog tag chain had slipped in between his phone charger and the extension cord it was plugged into. The chain acted as a conductor and burned the sleeping man.
"What I felt through that, it was... I just thought that's how you die," said Day. "Thursday morning is probably the most scariest morning I've ever been through in my life."
Doctors say he was hit with 110 volts, which is more than enough to be fatal.
Read more at WAAY.