97X is Brewing Beer at the Blue Cat
This week I went to Blue Cat Brewing Co in Rock Island to do a "collaboration" beer. Which meant a couple things: 1) I helped decide what kind of beer to make and 2) I watched as the PRO brewed the beer so I didn't screw it up.
It really was cool though. I have a way better understanding of how the process works. There's a lot of hurry up & wait type situations.
"The water is hot enough...let's mash in".
"Now the water's too cold...so, let's warm it up."
"Set a timer for 1 hour from now."
"Let's drink a beer!"
It's right up my alley to be honest.
Look for the Blue Cat/97X Pastry Brown Ale coming soon!
- Upcoming Craft Beer Events You Should Attend:
May, 21 Quad Cities Beer Battle on the Belle – on the Celebration Belle Riverboat in Moline, IL – Win Tickets on this App
- May, 21 Shops with Hops – in Downtown LeClaire, IA – Limited Tickets Left
- June, 25 MoTown Craft Beer Festival – at Bass Street Landing in Downtown Moline, IL
- Putin Huilo Golden Ale at Blue Cat Brewing Co.
- Gingy Brown Ale at Galena Brewing Company Moline Ale House
- West Coast Adventure IPA at Adventurous Brewing
- Bout Damn Time German Pilsner and evs. 2.0 DDH Hazy IPA at Rebels and Lions Brewing
- We Have The Technology Amber Ale and Black Tongue Stout at Radicle Effect Brewerks
- Nectar Collector Hazy IPA and Tales Of Brave Ulysses Porter at Wake Brewing
- Rainy Haze Hazy IPA and Blackbird Blackberry Wheat at Geneseo Brewing Co.
- Pineapple Sunrise Sour and Live & Let Rye Double IPA at Contrary Brewing
- Nahant Nectar Honey Wheat and Sweet Emulsion Sour at Stompbox Brewing
- BAMF IPA at Midwest Ale Works
- Ooh, That’s a Bingo Saison at Nerdspeak Brewery
- Liquified DDH Hazy IPA and Upstream Tangerine Wheat at Bent River Brewing
- Company Bird Song Blonde Ale at Great Revivalist Brew Lab