2020’s Biggest Black Friday Deals
What type of stuff should you be looking to buy on Black Friday? Well, hopefully stuff you actually need. But here's a little guidance.
An annual study from Wallethub looks at advertised Black Friday prices at a bunch of stores, and compares them to how much you'd normally pay if you bought the same product on Amazon. Here are nine categories, and the types of discounts you might see...
- Consumer packaged goods. That's stuff you use up and rebuy a lot, like food, drinks, and household products. Up to 43% cheaper than Amazon.
- Books, movies, and music. Also up to 43% cheaper on Black Friday.
- Clothing and accessories, 36%.
- Toys, 36%.
- Video games, 34%. Only the games, not the newest consoles that just came out.
- Furniture, 31%.
- Appliances, 28%.
- Random gadgets and electronics, 25%.
- Computers and phones, 24%.