Use Michaels’ Arrivederci Spaghetti Sauce to Rid Yourself of Unwanted Companions
Is there a woman in your life that you just can't seem to get rid of? Don't worry about breaking up with her, let this sauce break it off.
My spaghetti sauce has become a sort of legend. I would land a date with a girl back in the day and, being the romantic that I am, I would invite them over for a home cooked meal. Enter the spaghetti sauce.
Every single one of them bailed after eating my spaghetti and I swear it wasn't because of the taste, this stuff is delicious. So now I'm offering it up to you, use this sauce to remove any chick from your life. It could be a girlfriend or a mother-in-law, just whip up a batch of this sauce and they'll be saying, "arrivederci."
Here's what you'll need for ingredients. Be warned, it's a really big batch of sauce:
Pasta La Vista Marinara
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium-largish onion, chopped
- 3-4 ounces red wine
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 35 ounces canned peeled tomatoes
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 Hershey's Kiss
- Brown beef in large dutch oven or heavy bottomed stock pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in red wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Now for the secret ingredient. Melt the Hershey's Kiss into the sauce, the chocolate helps to deepen the flavor.
- Simmer over medium for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Reduce heat to low-medium low, cover and continue to cook for at least 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally (the longer the better).
- Serve over cooked pasta, or use as meat sauce in baked ziti, lasagna, or other baked pasta dish.
If you're in the mood for a white sauce instead, use this recipe:
- 1/4 lb sweet butter
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup light cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Place butter in microwave safe pot and heat on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add cream and warm on high for approximately 1 minute.
- Add Parmesan cheese and warm until cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over 4 servings of warm noodles and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Serve it with cubed, grilled or broiled chicken breast mixed in with the noodles or shrimp.